October 03, 2012

A comics tool for young learners





I am in the moment experimenting with many different ways of  aligning affect and technology in the teaching of English to young learners. Comics have recently hooked me up and one tool that I have found easy and fun for young learners to use is  http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/.

The autonomy of choosing their characters, adding props, creating the lines, and putting their unique humour are powerful motivators for learning. Students can create their own comic strips and share them during a 50-minute class.

I dedicate  my last creation to Shelly Terrell, who is a leading voice in promoting student engagement through the use of technology in ELT classes.


















Send you a frog-hug,

Juan


Did you like it? Share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!